How to Create Wedding Vows
If you are a bride-to-be, don't stress about the wedding vows
Do you want your wedding vows to be something different and memorable? In this blog post, we'll show you how to create your own vows and not be another one of those couples that use lame generic ones from "The Wedding Wishes" book.
It's a big day and you're about to make the biggest commitment of your life. But do you know what is one of the most important parts? Your wedding vows. The words that you say, in front of all those people who care so much about you, will be remembered for years to come. They are a representation of how committed and ready you are to spend your lives together as husband and wife. Now, there might be some pressure but it doesn't have to be hard! All it takes is some thoughtfulness. When it comes to your wedding vows, there's no need to play it safe. Share your deepest thoughts and feelings with your partner on this special day. At the end of the day, your wedding vows are all about you. You're going to marry this person and spend every single day with them so it's safe to say that you know what they like, what kind of music they listen to, and how much time they spend in front of a mirror.
Here are some useful tips for you on how to write wedding vows. It should not be perfect, but special for you two.
- Have a clear understanding of what you want to say
- Keep it short and sweet
- Don't be afraid to make it personal, but do skip out any inside jokes that only the two of you will understand
- Acknowledge how much this person means to you and why they're so special
- Include some humor if possible! (just make sure not to offend anyone)
- Write your vows in advance so there's no risk of forgetting them at the last minute or getting nervous on the wedding day.
- Make it unique to the two of you - don't copy and paste a vow written by someone else, but feel free to quote from songs, poems, or books
- It's ok to be cheesy, just keep it light and simple
- Just have fun with it. After all, it’s your wedding day!