What You Really Need to Know About Wedding Dresses
You might think that wedding dress shopping is a fun way to spend the day with your BFFs, but it can actually be quite stressful and overwhelming.
It’s important to know what you want so you don't get stuck between dresses and regret not buying one!
The dress is the most important part of your wedding day - you will wear it for hours and want to feel comfortable. Look through the following suggestions:
- You may want your dress to have sleeves if you're uncomfortable showing too much skin - this includes both shoulders and arms.
- The most popular wedding dress colours are white, ivory, and all shades of beige.
- A strapless dress may not be the best choice if you have a larger bust. While strapless dresses are trendy and stylish, they are also difficult to keep in place.
- It's okay to buy a sample dress if you're on a budget.
- Those looking for something different should opt for halter neck tops, puffy sleeves, or bottoms with slits! These not-so-common bridal designs are becoming increasingly popular nowadays.
- Shoes are important! They make all the difference when it comes to feeling comfortable and confident on your big day. Keep in mind that you must have your shoes on hand to properly hem your dress.
It is especially important to choose the dress that compliments your body type. It's not just about looking beautiful, it's also about feeling comfortable. After all, you will have to wear the dress during the whole day. Here are several useful tips for you:
- Take a look in the mirror and examine what you want to show off, then choose a dress that will accentuate those features.
- If you have an hourglass figure, wear something fitted to your waist with a skirt that flares out at the hips.
- Find a dress that has a similar shape to your body type, such as empire waist dresses for apple-shaped women.
- If you're petite, avoid wearing horizontal-patterned designs that visually cut the body.
- Dresses with cap sleeves, draped bodices or fine detailing around the neckline are ideal for pear-shaped figures. You will draw attention to your upper body this way.
- A-line dresses are the best because they fit all body shapes.
- Try different styles to see which one suits your body type best!
With these tips in mind, there's no excuse not to find the perfect dress!
Clothing should fit well, but also highlight your personality, so buy pieces that are comfortable yet also stand out. If it fits, buy it! Don't worry about being out of style. Your body is beautiful!